I had a long talk with my WW leader today at my meeting. I was so surprised by how out of control I had been on vacation. It was like I had never eaten before in my life when I was there. She stated that she thought that I may have been strict on myself for too long. I have been doing weight watchers for 4 1/2 months now, and I really haven't allowed myself to have goodies here and there. So, when I went on vacation, I just went crazy. She thought that I should have a cheat meal once a week. My trainer, Corinne, had told me that same thing about a month ago, but I was too afraid to do it. But, after how badly I ate on vacation, I realize that I NEED that.
So, tonight, I had my first cheat meal. I had to really think about what I wanted. Was I going to go for something that was still nutritious but higher fat or would I just go all out bad for me? I still wasn't sure, so I did kind of half and half. The thing that I have been really wanting since starting Weight Watchers is McDonald's french fries! I wanted them hot at with some salt on them. So, that's what I did. I got some. It was WONDERFUL and indulgent! But, I didn't feel like I was cheating at all. It just felt different because it was something that I had planned and knew that I would be having something "naughty". Isn't amazing how our minds work. Just changing the way that I think about those fries, made me feel differently, and most importantly EAT differently. I didn't binge, when the fries were gone, they were gone, and I felt satisfied. Also, I knew that I had another meal next week where I could have something fattening, so I doubt I'll feel deprived tomorrow. In Weight Watchers, they call that reframing. I don't think I really understood the concept until now. What a breakthrough!
B-Weight Watchers chocolate smoothie, skim milk, oatmeal
S-orange
L-salad with edamame, morningstar farms spicy black bean burger,balsamic vinegar and oo
S-grapes and yogurt w/fiber one
D-chicken breast (grilled) w/barbecue sauce, french fries, low fat ice cream cone
S-wasn't hungry
Target Points- 30
Actual Points- 36
Activity-cardio long run 3 miles (6AP)
Water-140 oz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment