Sunday, May 6, 2007

NSV's!

I LOVE non-scale victories (NSV's). It's nice for the numbers on the scale to go down, but it's the things that have nothing to do with the scale that really stick with me and get/keep me motivated.

Today, I was elated to try on clothes for a trip that our family will be taking in about 2 weeks. I can finally say that I am comfortably wearing a size 8! I haven't seen that size since before I was married. My skinny jeans are now swimming on me, and for the first time since I started this journey, I can look at myself and tell I've lost weight. It's just such validation for all the hard work that I have put into this. It's wonderful to see it paying off.

I've now got the momentum to carry me through. I've got 18 more pounds to go before getting to my WW goal, but I am sure I will lose more to get to my personal satisfaction. So, here's to the next 18 pounds!

B-oatmeal, WW smoothie
S-orange
L-spicy black bean veggie burger, soy crisps, salad
S-apple, 1T peanut butter
D-salsa chicken, brown rice, salad
S-almonds, grapes

Target points-31
Actual points-35
Water-120 oz
Activity-cardio only (4 AP's)

No comments: