Sunday, April 29, 2007

Back in the saddle again...

After a hellish week. It's time to get back on track. Today, I woke up and put on my workout clothes. I didn't work out right away because there were things I had to take care of first (get dinner in the crock pot, make a grocery list etc.), but I wanted that reminder that today was a workout day. I had two unscheduled days of rest this week, and I didn't want to get lazy. They say that it takes 3 weeks for something to become a habit. I suspect that it takes a lot less time to get out of that habit! So, I ran 3.1 miles today, and it felt great. I was energized all day, ready to take on the world. I needed it. After the week that I had, it helped relieve a lot of stress too.

Eating went well today. I had a lot of protein, and I tried new dishes for both lunch and dinner. Keeping things fresh and exciting is what this new lifestyle is all about! I can't eat the same things over and over and expect to stay on plan. I am more likely to stray if I'm bored. It's amazing how you can learn these little things about yourself as time goes on--little triggers that can set you back on your weight loss journey.

B-oatmeal, 4tsp splenda, cinnamon
S-WW smoothie, orange
L-boca chili, salad
S-unsweetened applesauce, almonds
D-chicken curry, brown rice, spinach
S-WW cookies and cream bar, grapes

Target points 31
Actual points 32
Water 136 oz
Activity training run 3.1 miles (5 AP's)

No comments: