I got a shrimp gumbo recipe off of the WW website right after I first joined. It was one of the first meals I had made for the family, and we loved it. It's been in the arsenal ever since. Well, since DH's mother will be cooking all this week, I decided to make some so that I would have some dinner and lunch for a couple of days.
Now, let me say that my MIL's gumbo is out of this world! It's absolutely wonderful with shrimp. crab, and sausage. It was probably the thing that I looked forward to the most about going down south to visit. So, I always call the WW gumbo (it's actually not a WW product, one of the members shared her own recipe) "fake gumbo" because it's not true gumbo. It's just yummy!
Anway, I made that for myself. MIL made red beans and rice for the rest of the family. Well, my stuff smelled so good, that everyone wanted to try the gumbo. MIL and FIL LOVED it! LOL. They couldn't believe that it was low fat. MIL even asked for the recipe! I feel so validated. It was such a wonderful feeling. It really made my day.
B-oatmeal, skim milk
S-EAS shake
L-SBD pizza, celery
S-grapes
D-Salad, shrimp gumbo, orange
S-almonds, milk
Target points-31
Actual points-35
Activity-c25k (kind of), arms (6 AP's)
Water-140 oz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment