Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The downside of getting fit...

There is a downside to getting fit. You have to keep pushing harder to get the same results. 1 month ago, running for about 20 minutes would get me about 600 calories burned. Now, running for 30 minutes gets me 400 if I really push. I notice that my heart rate is a lot lower now too, so I've had to step it up a bit to get good calorie burn. It's a good reminder that fitness isn't static, it's changing and evolving just as I am changing and evolving through this process. So then I guess there really isn't a "downside". Just the old, lazy me trying to get out I guess.
I told my mom today that today was the first day I was feeling more comfortable in my own skin in as long as I can remember. There wasn't anything special about today, but I just felt more like me. I'm not feeling "puffy" anymore. I've felt puffy for the last 4 years.

B-oatmeal, skim milk
S-1/2 cup egg beaters w/1 tsp of canola oil, 1 slice canadian bacon, plum
L-crab salad, garden salad w/oo and vinegar, 2 wasa rye crackers, 1 wedge laughing cow
S-orange, chocolate milk
D-stuffed cabbage, 1 cup green beans
S-unsweetened applesauce, almonds

Target points: 32
Points used: 35
Activity: arms and c25k (8 AP's)
Water: 140 oz

No comments: