Monday, June 4, 2007

Stress eating...

Like the drug addict who will always be an addict, I need to remind myself that I will ALWAYS be the fat girl. I don't think that I should ever see myself as NOT having issues with food. I may be able to get to the days when I will always be able to handle myself when it comes to those issues, but I will NEVER be cured. I think that if I believe that, I will end up getting trapped again and start gaining.

My professional life is in TOTAL disarray right now. I thought that things were heading in the right direction, but every time I think that I may be getting things set right, I have a major setback. Today was my most major setback, and I was totally stressed out. I was going to come home and get some bonus cardio in to work out the stress, but instead, I had found my way to the peanut butter jar. I ate WAY too much peanut butter. I felt sick, but I also felt really disappointed in myself. All of things Weight Watchers has said/taught me about emotional eating really went out the window. I didn't even try. I had a "hunger" and I fed it. What's more is that I don't feel guilty about it. I just felt like it was something I needed to do.

I didn't pass this test, not by a long shot. What will I do differently next time? Will I be able to rise to the challenge? Will I do the cardio instead of the binging? I still have the "hunger". The peanut butter didn't fix it. So basically, all I have done is consume extra calories for nothing.

B-WW smoothie, skim milk
S-oatmeal, grapes
L-salad, lean cuisine
S-orange, yogurt
S-peanut butter
D-jambalaya, steamed green beans
S-none

target points-30
actual points-35
activity-DOR
water-120 oz

No comments: