Tuesday, April 24, 2007

You can't win sometimes...

I tell you. You just can't win sometimes. People are going to have something to say no matter what obviously. I wore a dress today that was too big, but it was a form fitting dress so it still showed a bit of curve even though I needed a smaller size. I thought it would be perfect for work because of that, so I wore it today. Well, one of the receptionists made the comment when she first saw me that I was showing "a lot of leg" (the dress came to below my knees). Then after she saw me without my jacket, she says this: "you know, you ARE a mother of two, so just because you're losing weight doesn't mean you should be dressing so sexy". SEXY! Oh my goodness, she's so off base. When she said this, the people who were around (yes, she said this with a ton of people standing around) immediately jumped to my defense. I was just blown away. It hurt at first and then I just got mad. She has some nerve. It just made me realize that you can't do this for anyone but yourself. You can't please everyone, so you just have to make sure that you're pleasing yourself! So, why does it still hurt for people to say these negative things to me. I need some thicker skin!

On a lighter note though. I got out of my funk. I was so low yesterday, I couldn't believe it. I needed a swift kick in the behind to get out of it. I got that last night along with some good advice from a fellow Phit-N-Phat (thanks, Trish!). So, I hopped on the treadmill this morning and just kept going until I couldn't go any more. I jogged for 3 miles (I did have one 5 minute fast walk), and I just feel so much better. I just needed to know that it was possible. Now, I think I can relax a bit and just continue to train. No weights this week, just cardio.

B-oatmeal, skim milk
S-protein shake (21 g protein)
L-salad, ham and cheese on whole wheat pita
S-yogurt, kashi go lean crunch, grapes
D-beef and penne bake, steamed green beans, salad
S-orange, almonds

Target points-31
Actual points-34
Activity-training run (5 AP's)
Water-130 oz

1 comment:

Trish said...

Hey Rho - maybe that chick was jealous. I'll bet you looked AWESOME in that dress. And you're right - you have to please only you. With that 3-mile monkey off your back, there's no stopping you! WOOHOO!!!