It was a beautiful day today. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and DH was actually home. So, I decided to go outside and run. It was my first time since training for this 5k (which is in exactly 3 weeks from today) to run outside. So, I was pumped, this was it. This is the test that is going to let me know if I am going to be ready for my race...the goal that I have been working towards since the first of the year. The goal that got me exercising in the first place.
So, it's to the streets I go. I've gotten the distance all measured out. All I have to do is do it. But, it was HARD! I didn't run even 1 mile before I had to stop. I only ran 1/2 mile. It was so sad. I had to walk, so I run/walked for almost 4 miles during the hour that was supposed to be my cardio only day. Now I am terrified that I won't be ready for the race. I have to get my butt in gear over these next few weeks. Maybe I didn't carbo load enough before hand. I also had a heavy leg workout yesterday, but I am not going to make excuses. I just need to get myself prepared. I am just glad to be able to get this out because it's been eating at me all day. I was supposed to have a rest from weights for this upcoming week, and I think that I will do it to work on my distance. *sigh* Let's hope for tons of adrenaline come race day!
B-WW smoothie, skim milk
S-oatmeal, skim milk
L-tuna, whole wheat WW pita, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, grapes
S-orange, almonds
D-beef and whole wheat penne bake (c0re), salad, steamed green beans
S-yogurt, fruit salad
Target points-31
Actual points-35
Water-140 oz
Activity-3.75 mi walk/run (6 AP's)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment