Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Do I go overboard?

My coworker thinks that I am being too strict on myself. Today, she brought in a big bag of grapes to share with the group. Grapes, harmless right? Yes, in the right portions. I have been doing WW for three months today, but I have to admit that I still need to measure EVERYTHING! I can't eyeball something and tell if it's a cup or a tablespoon. I am just not good at that. So when faced with something that I don't have control over to measure, I just would rather not mess with it. It's easy to snack on grapes and go overboard. And, I don't want to go over my points, especially since it wasn't a workout day. It works for me. It's a bit strict, I have to admit, but maybe once I get more experienced, I won't have to do that. But, isn't better that I know my limitations? I think that it's better to be honest with myself and stay on program than to be lax and notice weight start creeping up.

B-WW smoothie, skim milk
S-dannon light & fit, kashi go lean crunch
L-salad, tuna, orange
S-wasa rye crackers, laughing cow cheese
D-chicken, salsa, salad, green beans
S-unsweetened applesauce, almonds

Target points-31
Actual points-32
Activity-none
Water-120+ 0z

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Great points Rho. I think that weather it is a grape or a cake that we must have portion control and work it into our program or daily life. I think after time you will be able to get a better feel for what is necessary but I too, even at week 13 continue to measure EVERYTHIN. Even the grapes ;)
Kathleen