Friday, April 6, 2007

Body image issues...

I never really believed this before I had kids. I used to look at women who would say this and just think they were making excuses. BUT, it's true. The post partum body really just looks awful! I am so scared that I am going to go through all this and I am still just going to look gross! My stomach, which is considerably flatter still has a lot of loose skin, and looks like a deflated balloon. *sigh* I remember the days when I was younger (before kids) and even though I was bigger than I am now, everything was tight. It's hard to explain, but it was just better. I wonder if I will ever just be able to be satisfied with my body. Is it ever going to get better? If it doesn't does that mean that it's not worth it to go through this process, this lifestyle change? It's just such an unknown process. I just can't imagine myself not fat. No disappointed with how I look. That's who I've been for the last 7 years. How in the world is that going to change? Who will I be then? This is just such a scary process sometimes. Losing weight, working out...that's easy compared to all the mental stuff you go through.

B-oatmeal, skim milk
S-orange
L-boca burger, carrots and celery sticks, 2T hummus,
S-grapes, soy crisps
D-chicken breast, salsa, brown rice, salad
S-almonds, skim milk

Target Points-32
Actual points-34.5
Activity-jogging intervals, core/abs (6 ap)
water-120 oz

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Wow, Rho, this is some heavy stuff. I do know how you feel and my "babies" are 20 and 13.
I think you need to remember that you are growing. Just like your kids and learning, just like they are. Your kids, nor you will ever be what you were before, but you will be different and nothing is wrong with different.
Keep on the track you are on and I have no doubt that you will be happy. Take some pictures like I did and you will really start to see the transformation happening. I didn't think anything was changing until I saw those three pics side by side.
Love girl...Kathleen