Saturday, March 31, 2007

8 healthy guidelines...

I never really thought about the Weight Watchers "8 healthy guidelines" too much when I started the program. I mean it made sense to get your servings of milk, fruits &veggies, healthy fats, and water in. I didn't really think about how it would affect me or how it aids in weight loss too much. But, I now know why they are so important. I really need to go grocery shopping, I am totally out of stuff for my salad, so I didn't get my servings of veggies in. I also really skimped on my milk. I REALLY feel the difference. I don't have as much energy, and I don't feel as good. I also didn't make the best choices today either. I guess when you aren't filling up on healthy, low points foods, you have your run of not-so-healthy foods. So, I will have to do better tomorrow. Now, I'm a believer.

B-oatmeal, skim milk
S-grapes
L-boca burger, soy crisps, orange
S-vitamuffin muffin top, dannon light and fit yogurt
D-cajun lime talapia, broccoli, 1/4 cup rice
S-94% fat-free popcorn 100 calorie pack, almonds

Target points: 32
Points used:34
Activity: legs and around the world treadmill challenge (6 AP's)

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Good menu, Rho! Yes, those 8 HG's are pretty darn important. I like to think of it as "good food pushes out bad". When you feel healthy, it makes it so much easier to continue to make healthy choices and vice versa.

I found that if I keep a couple bags of stir fry veggies in the freezer that when I run out fresh I know I always have a "go to" healthy meal in the freezer..usually some stir fry veggies and I chop up the boca burger and mix it in, a little teriyaki sauce and I'm good to go.

Also cous cous is a good healthy grain (actually it is itty bitty pasta) that cooks up really fast. That is also something I always have on hand.

You are doing really great!!!!